Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Introduction

Blessings!

I am Thomas, a 2o something follower of Jesus. My two main passions in life are theology and politics, the two topics most people hate to talk about. Unfortunately, that means there are quite a few people who don't use their brains living in the world. My goal with this blog is to address issues which surround the Christian. Sometimes it will be very controversial, and other times it will seem as if I am Captain Obvious. Some issues will be very deep, others will be light hearted. In other words, there will be a wide variety of topics that I will address.

Now, before I begin posting I want people to know my background, so no one will be confused as to where I stand. I associate with Arminian theology, firmly believing that James (Jacobus) Arminius wrote theology based around scripture, but also in line with Pre-Augustine church fathers. I also hold to some tenets of the Stone Campbell Restoration movement, especially the theology of unity in the Church. With that in mind, when discussing the issues associated with the Arminian-Calvinist debate, I will try to approach with the most unifying approach. I have seen plenty of people break communion with each other over disagreements. I don't want to be that type of person. I may disagree with the Calvinist's theology, but I love them as my dear brother or sister.

It should also be noted that I am politically liberal in many instances. But again, its not something that I wish to cause division over.

Anyways, I am done with my rambling now. I pray that I can say something which would bless who ever may read this.

In Christ,
Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment