Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A few more poems

Here are a few more poems that I found on my computer:


An empty shell;
Devoid of the life that once inhabited me.
You once carried me on your back,
Across the ever turbulent sea floor.
Battered and worn I was, but at least I had a purpose.
At least I had a reason for my existence.
I was happy then.

Now, I am an empty shell 
Floating along side all the other empty shells in this sea.
Yet even they have qualities to be valued over me.
Some are strong, 
Able to protect.
Others shine like the sun,
With beautiful designs engraved in their sides
They are pleasing to the eye, 
and are worthy enough to collect.

But what qualities do I offer?
I am worn, 
weathered,
and cracked.
Instead of beautiful designs
I bear only chipped edges.

Truly, I am just another empty shell floating in the sea.
Slowly sinking to the bottom
as the light from above begins to fade,
I start to decompose,
making way for a better shell to come along.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I was super bored one night (a looooong time ago), and I wrote this one in about 15 mins.

My first love

It began innocently
First a quick glance,
then a stare,
then a smile.


Your fragrance always fills the room.
A blend of heavenly and spring time aromas,
Mixing to create a new, yet some how familiar, smell.

How invigorating,
How intoxicating.

Day after day
I notice you from afar,
so beautiful, so wonderful,
so tempting.

Oh, what would I do for some time alone,
for your company,
for just a few words.

I'd trade my world,
if it meant I could stare into you eyes for just a little while
If I could get close to you,
close enough to feel your heart beating,
I would know then that our hearts beat as one,
sounding like war drums,
signaling how our love can conquer all obstacles.

You know how to make a fellow beg,
and I must admit,
you have me weak in the knees,
and have given me a few butterflies in my belly.

You are my first love,
my last love,
my only love.

You have shown me true love,
but I sit here and ponder at times;

Do you even notice me?
Am I ever on your mind?
What do you feel about me?

It seems that your love is an unattainable treasure,
yet I must continue to seek it out.

It drives me,
inspires me,
gives me reason to live, even.


You are my first love,
my last love,
my only love.

You complete me,
but you are no mere piece to this puzzle;
no, you are every piece that comes together
to bring my soul peace.


Oh! How I want to just tell you all these things,
but I think you already know somehow.

Even still, I will sing and write and declare
how wonderful,
and beautiful,
and lovely you are.

I will continue to dream about you
your soft touch
your perfect love.

You are my first love,
my last love,
and Jesus,
you are my ONLY love.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I honestly don't remember the story behind this one:

As the rain fell tonight
You're love poured over me.
Gentle drops of peace
soaked into my soul.

Yet it was just an illusion,
for I am still dry,
being void of that lovely rain
and my soul is still at war;
there is no peace tonight.

The barrier between us
is a great rift that no one person can cross.

Yet, I know that somehow you are still so close.
 
So close, I can feel your presence,
so intensely,
so vibrantly,
so wonderfully
and so tragically


Your melodies penetrate my chest
and leave my soul craving more.

Your fragrance leaves me drunk
with rabid passion.

Yet, my heart is torn like the Veil
for I know that your eyes will idly
pass over this,
and assume it is for another.

And how can I blame you for this thought?

Such a lowly man as I,
being with a fair person as you
is impossible.
Laughable, even.

Perhaps it is best for me
to kill these feelings
once and for all

Allow my soul to be a desolate wasteland
void of all thought of you.

But would it be necessary
to do it myself?

I think not,
for your dagger,
your deeds,
your words,
have already given the fatal blow.

All which is left,
is for me to lie here
draining my life
and my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment