Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Lord is good in all things

Some days I like to just write a quick poem to God.


The Lord is Good in all things.
He is fair and just.
He is the most High King.

My soul sings, for this perfection pursues me.
He pursues my heart, though it has chased evil.
He pursues my mind, though I have lusted for the world.
He pursues my soul, though it was bound for darkness.
He pursues my body, though it has sought passing pleasures.

Why does He pursue me?
Love.

To know this Love is my new heart’s desire.
To fathom it is my new mind’s goal.
To dwell in it is my redeemed soul’s longing.
And it pleases my body, more than any pleasure upon this earth.

He is my King.
He is my Father.
My Brother.
My Provider.
My Lord, My Love, My ALL.

I will forever sing praise to YOU, O’ Lord.

My idols are destroyed.
My heart is ready.
My body is willing.
I am submissive to you God.
Grant this servant the honor to serve you and add to YOUR Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment