Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Testify!

I was struggling to find something deep to say in this post. In these times I find it necessary to keep writing anyways. So, I was listening to some music while reading Scripture. One of the songs was called "Testify" by Shai Linne. The beginning of the song has a recollection of the Samaritan woman at the well who is completely amazed by Jesus and what he has to say. The story concludes with this:

John 4:39-42
Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. And because of his words many more became believers.
They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”


This woman testified about what Jesus said and did for her, and the people believed, but then they came in contact with him and believed even MORE. But it first started with her testifying.

Today, then, I want to write this post to follow the example of the Samaritan woman, but also a commandment of Jesus to a man once possessed by demons. Mark 5:19
"[Jesus] said to him, "Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you"


* I want to testify, with my every word, deed, breath, and thought, about the life saving and life changing power of Christ Jesus. He changed me from one who had nothing to live for into one who lived for HIS glory. He saved me from death and made me to live eternally. He changed my heart from desiring everything in this world to not being able to be fulfilled by anything except Him. It is such a sweet feeling to experience this love and change of life.

* I want to testify about the blessing of family in my life. My parents and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. My ultimate goal is to live in such a way that Christ becomes desirable for them, and they will thirst after Him and live a life strictly for Him. I pray for this every day, because I love them so much. I'd love nothing more than to pass away from this earth with the knowledge that I will see my fam. in paradise with Jesus. Until then, I will just testify about how blessed I am to simply have my family. God molded them special to bless me, and made me special to bless them. He is great!

* I want to testify about God's blessing in giving me my wonderful friends. I didn't have many friends growing up, maybe a handful, if that. Yet, God in His goodness is now blessing me with an overflowing of friends. I met so many new people when I was in school, and through CSC ministry. Many of those people are dear friends for whom I'd give my very life up in a moment's notice. I am blessed to have that core group of friends who will pray for me, who will love and accept me for who I am, and who will always be there. I am also thankful for the new friends that God is bringing into my life. There are a few I have recently began talking to, and each has blessed my life immensely. So no matter if they are around forever, or just a season, I thank God for His great gifts to me.

*Finally, I want to testify about the pure greatness of Jesus. I've talked about what he has done for me, and given me, but I want express the greatness of Him even without those things. Who else do you know that can say raised themselves from death? We all will taste death, but none can bring themselves back.

Only Christ is powerful enough to completely conquer death.

Only Christ is Holy enough to be the atonement for all of man's sin. Praise Him!

Only Christ came left His throne and lived among slime! And he is the only one to ascend back into paradise and sit back on His throne!

Only Jesus lived a perfect life, completely innocent, and in tune with the will of the Father.

And it is only Him who is blessed enough to be the mediator between man and God. It is only Christ that can purchase us for our Father.

I thank God with all my being for everything Christ that Christ is. He is my creator, and coming King. I am His Bride, and He is the blessed Bridegroom, who passionately loves my heart. Forever I will testify to His greatness! Amen.

I hope and pray that as we go about our lives, we may always testify to the greatness of our Lord Jesus, and thank him for the blessings he bestows upon us. I pray that we will show the world that we serve a God who is mighty, and fulfills the every longing of our heart.

I finish with this:
John 4:13, 23-26
Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am HE.”



Let us testify about Him.

Blessing,
Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment