Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Boasting in Christ

Galatians 6:14 (NLT)
As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world’s interest in me has also died.



Lecrae, Boasting
With every breath I take, with every heart beat,
Sunrise and the moon lights in the dark street.
Every glance, every dance, every note of a song.
It’s all a gift undeserved that I shouldn’t have known.
Every day that I lie, every moment I covet
I’m deserving to die, I’m just earning your judgment.
I, without the cross there’s only condemnation.
If Jesus wasn’t executed there’s no celebration.
So in times that are good, in times that are bad
For any times that I’ve had it all I will be glad.
and I will boast in the cross. I boast in my pains.
I will boast in the sonshine, boast in his reign.
What’s my life if it’s not praising you.
Another dollar in my bank account of vain pursuit. I do.
That count my life as any value or presence at all.
Let me finish my race, let me answer my call.

Verse 2:
Tomorrow's never promised, but it is we swear
Think we holding our own, just a fist full of air
God has never been obligated to give us life
If we fought for our rights, we be in hell tonight
Mere sinners own nothing but a fierce hand
We never loved him we pushed away his pierced hands
I rejected his love, grace, kindness, and mercy
Dying of thirst, yet, willing to die thirsty
Eternally worthy, how could I live for less?
Patiently you turn my heart away from selfishness
I volunteer for your sanctifying surgery
I know the spirits purging me of everything that's hurting me
Remove the veil from my darkened eyes
So now every morning I open Your Word and see the Son (Sun) rise
I hope in nothin', boast in nothin', only in your sufferin'
I live to show your glory, dyin' to tell your story

Glory was solely meant for you
Doing what no one else could do
With all I have to give,
I'll use my life, I'll use my lips
I'll only glory in your Word
What gift to me I don't deserve
I'll live in such a way that it reflects to you, my Praise


I post this blog for the simple reason of reminding myself, and others, that we are nothing outside of Christ. Many boast about being saints, saved from the chains of sin. From this, we have people looking down upon non-Christians. But the only thing that separates us from a sinner is what Christ has done. It is nothing we can brag about, or take pride in. Did I save myself from death? Did I release my sickness? Did I bridge the gap between myself and God? No. Only Christ has done so.

And only Christ gives my heart the strength to beat, my lungs the desire to breathe. I cannot do this on my own! How shall I brag about being alive? Or should I boast about my abilities? Did I create myself with the ability to have intellect? NO! Only Christ did this for me. Therefore, I cannot boast in anything about myself, my life, or anything else surrounding me. I can only boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection, His wonderful life, powerful statements, and mysterious love. I boast in the wounds that He bore. I boast in the punishment He willingly took. I boast in His second coming. And I boast in eternity with Him. My whole life, therefore, should be, and hopefully will become, nothing but praise to Him.

I hope we can all say this.

No comments:

Post a Comment