Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Secret Cupid

I recently wrote a letter to a complete stranger as a part of this event I created for some single Christians, called "Secret Cupid". It is essentially the same idea as Secret Santa, except geared towards Valentine's Day. As a part of her gift, I wrote her a letter. In said letter, I felt it important to write a poem to her about Christ being lover of her heart. I want to share that poem, because I feel it is true for anyone, and not just for this young lady.

O Maiden,
Beautiful Maiden!

I have gazed upon the beauty in your heart
And I desire you so!

Such perfection,
Wonderful perfection!

How shall a man
tell you anything other than "I adore thee"?

I've watched you for years
waiting
hoping
wanting so much
to be by your side!

And now that I have you
I'll love you no man can
I'll never leave your presences
I'll never stop working
to show the desire of my heart
for you

So, -insert name here-
My Valentines
Promise you'll be mine
For I am forever thine

Love,
Your King, Jesus.



I feel it is important that everyone knows the intimate love which Christ feels towards his beloved bride, which are the elect in Him. We are His beautiful bride, awaiting the return of her Lover. I cannot fathom the greatness of when our marriage is finalized, and we feast with Him forever.

Praise King Jesus for being the ultimate example of love, for He is love. Amen


Blessings,

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment